Therefore, in no particular order, here is a list of things that make me ridiculously happy.
- Tiny turtles poking their heads out of a lake.
- The first sip of the first cup of coffee every morning.
- Especially if that sip can be done sitting on a porch on a cool morning with a nice view of nature.
- Getting my hair washed and a scalp massage at the salon.
- When my little cat, D, curls up inside the crook of my arm at night.
- Also, when she plays with a toy and yowls at it like she's having the best orgasm ever.
- When my bigger cat, S, head butts me to get some attention.
- When my still bigger cat, B, sleeps hanging out from under the curtain, sprawled on his back and limbs go everywhere.
- When my biggest cat, M, curls up next to my hubby on the couch covers his eyes with his paw.
- The first 10 minutes after a shower, when I'm perfectly clean and my skin doesn't itch.
- The last chapter of a really, really good book.
- Reading in a truly oversized armchair.
- Crawling back into bed for a snuggle with my beloved.
- Taking off the bra at the end of the day.
- Looking at photographs from good times gone by.
Certain there's more, but you get the idea. For a change I want to look for good things instead of only looking for the bad things, because if that's all you look for, that's all you will ever see.